mandag den 18. marts 2019

Polish genes connected to Mongol-Tatar and other Asian genes?


Hi everyone 

A historical gene question here.
I’ve always wondered if there is a link between Polish genes and Asian genes or perhaps Finnish genes and Asian genes (unrelated to my story; just because I’ve also heard that Finnish people have such eyes). 

My brother and I were both born in Denmark to Polish parents (Warszawa and Jarosław), and my brother has very mono eyelid/epicanthic fold eyes, which sparked a discussion in my family as to if that could be related to the several Mongol-Tatar invasions of Poland during the 1200’s.

Just a small curiosity.

Thank you for your time 💡👍🏻

Photo of various epicanthic folds: http://imgur.com/oeEqo6s

4 kommentarer:

  1. Probably an evolution from a windy environment. What part of Poland are you from? Mongol invasions affected south eastern parts according to Wikipedia.

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. Thanks for commenting. My mom is from Warszawa and my dad is from Jarosław :) I was born in Copenhagen, Denmark. Pretty interesting since Denmark is WAY more windy than Poland.

      Slet
  2. In that case, it makes sense your brother was born Asian in Denmark. Its likely the natives would not want to mix with the offending invaders, and that percentage would be very small. The only way to know for sure is to take a DNA test. For example, my genetics are 58.7% Slavic, 38.6%, Baltic, 1.7% Central Asian, 1% Finnish. The Central Asian part could be related to the Mongols. Popular DNA testing companies are myheritage.com and 23andme.com.

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. Hi again, O

      Well yeah he "looks" Asian, but we're all Polish. I myself don't have the mono eyelid/epicanthic fold eyes. I will look into having a test made, thanks.

      I really dig companies like that, but I also want to know the legal parts of such contracts and what the DNA could possibly be used for in the future?

      Best regards, Victoria

      Slet