fredag den 13. september 2013

Political issues, yo

Image: Welcome to the internet page on fb

Listening to: Hold Me Lonely Boy (KarmaK Re-edit) by Norma Jean (as heard on the Zulu ads...)

Hi everybody! ("i'm doctor nick...")

I'm back yet again. We started the school week with gymnastics, and we went running up and down metallic stairs next to our high school. Some people twisted their ankles, and some even tasted blood. Fuck, I'm starting to believe that our teacher is a small Duracell bunny, she may even run in her sleep.
We've also had a lot of biology and... umm.. "classic studies" and it's ok. Many of us believe that classics should be a sub category to history or social science or even religion.

We made some brain stuff in psychology.



Tuesday we got our picture taken and I came in very late because I did my makeup real quick in the school bathroom. Silly me, can never get up on time. Our "silly pic" is my class being fatties with pillows for stomachs + pizza, chips, cola and so on.
I would like to look like this:

But I'm probably gonna end up like this:


Wednesday I was with Rebecca out to hear a presentation about the bloody drug war and Mexico/USA conflict by Ebbe Fischer. MOS, our spanish teacher, suggested it, and it was nice :) 




All instagram images are from my personal instagram.

You can hear/download the full presentation and discussion here for free:





Anyway, this post will be about government and politics. As you can see in the picture above, "Welcome to the Internet" posted this political comic on Facebook. It's a cow about to be slaughtered, it doesn't matter if it goes to the left or to the right; it's the same deal. I can sorta feel this. 
But the comment "Just go fucking backwards" interested me; what did he mean by that? There are many forms of going back, and I don't think going back to the patriarchy/racist/old fashioned times would work. I do see the thing with going back to times when people weren't under such a huge government; that is just my point of view, I'm not 100% sure what political ideology I follow because I feel that each party probably has its ups and downs, but for now I feel kinda "libertarian/anarco capitalist/a bit conservative" ish. 

I think there are many blurred lines (*i know you want it*) in subjects such as politics, but I do believe in legalization of drugs (I think it's bad for your body to take them tho), smaller state, free market, the right to abortion, green energy and marriage equality. 
I don't believe violent games/films/music causes violent people. I'm against circumcision because the individual is not old enough to know what's going on - I've even debated in my head if it's ok to baptize children and take them to church at a young age. I'm against religion, but I don't mind what people believe in. I think that people with really severe handicap/illnesses shouldn't reproduce, for themselves, the child's and the society's sake (but of course, no forcing! it's up to themselves). 
I'm also ok with nuclear power, as long as it's done right (it's better than fossil fuel IMO). I'm against treating people inferior because of their gender, looks, race, religion, status, job etc - I respect people based on how they act, not on some non relevant factors. I'm not sure about death penalty; but if I am, it has to be a really serious crime and it has to be 100% factual that the person did it.

I'm actually not sure how I feel about democracy - I know that it's better than dictatorship etc. but I'm not sure if it's the best choice to put power in something just because the majority says/thinks something about it. 
Image: http://www.biostim.com.au/news/Democracy-Two-wolves-and-a-sheep-voting-on-whats-for-dinner/

I believe that people should be able decide for themselves, and do whatever they want as long as it doesn't harm/hurt others. I like to discuss political and ethical issues with people if they want to; hell, very few of my friends think the same as I do. I think it's boring to surround yourself only with people that you have something in common with, you don't get to challenge yourself and them. Life isn't always a circle jerk.


What do you think about politics? What do you think about government? What countries do you think are doing it right? :)

Image: http://www.feelingeurope.eu/Pages/ideologies.html



Here are my results of the political party test: http://www.politicalcompass.org/test



That was all I had to say for now! Have a nice weekend, see you soon.
P.S., today I chose my SRP subjects (english and biology!) holy shit! i'm hella nervous!


– Lé Vici 



2 kommentarer:

  1. "I'm against treating people inferior because of their (...) status, job etc"
    That is (kinda admittedly) what being right wing/capitalist is about. Capitalism is about you having a better social status than others indirectly treating them inferior to you, just because they can't afford the same luxuries as you. And this (of course) is supporting the free market idea, that more "rich people" are buying it, therefore they raise the price and it becomes a luxury that the others can't afford. (Some of my argument are week, I know, but still)
    Also, what would you suggest instead of democracy, I wonder. Anarchy is silly because, well, people are assholes. Dictatorship is useless because of one person ruling all. Democracy is the only viable choice, because of all people getting a vote, and that it is fair. You don't get your will on case A because other people felt that the other thing would be better - tough luck, but the majority has spoken. So, what are your ideas?

    SvarSlet
  2. There is a chance you qualify for a new government sponsored solar program.
    Click here to discover if you are qualified now!

    SvarSlet